Bedding care and maintenance
Store your bedding in a dry place. You can also use our premium breathable storage bags, which provide excellent ventilation. The bedding can also be stored unpacked in an under bed drawer. It is important for the bedding to be able to “breathe”. For natural protection against moths, use a repellent such as lavender, cedar wood or walnut leaves.
- Fluff up and air your duvets and pillows daily.
- Do not vacuum clean or beat duvets.
- Never leave duvets or pillows out under bright sunlight or in damp weather.
- Standard washing machine drums are usually too small for washing down duvets – they should therefore only be professionally cleaned.
- When washing pillows, always use a laundry detergent specifically designed for down. We recommend our own BLACK FOREST detergent.
- Always machine dry down products on the delicates setting. To prevent the down filling from sticking together and clumping, we recommend putting a few tennis balls into the dryer. Afterward, check the bedding for any residual moisture and dry again if necessary. Keep fluffing it up until the down has regained its original volume.
- Our premium eider down duvets with silk covers are not washable.
- All our fibre products are washable at a minimum of 60ºC; some can even be washed at the highest temperature setting.
- Use a mild liquid detergent on the easy care program of your washing machine and set it to spin up to maximum 1,000 rpm. Do not use fabric softener.
- After washing, fluff it back into shape and hang it over a washing line to dry (avoid sunlight). The bedding can also be machine dried, but be careful to use only a low temperature setting (easy-care/cupboard dry). If too high a temperature is used, the fibres could melt.
Premium natural hair
- The natural oils that remain on premium natural hair work naturally against dirt. They also neutralise odours. Premium natural hair duvets are NOT washable.
- Gently fluff up natural hair products daily with the windows open or outdoors.
- Do not expose them to direct sunlight.
- Hang them outside overnight when the air is humid from time to time.
- Spot clean any stains with a mild detergent or gentle shampoo.
- If you prefer, you can have the duvet professionally dry cleaned.